Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Arunachala Path



The road to Arunachala!

The greatest journey perhaps is not to something out there but to something 'here'

Here is an account of a devotee taken from the life of Ramana.

"The next morning I started off for giripradakshina (circumambulation) of Arunachala. Sri Ramanasramam was on the way and, as everyone was going into the Ashrama to have darshan of Bhagavan, I followed. The moment I saw him I was overcome with emotion and cried out, "When will I be rid of this bondage?" I was visibly shaken. Bhagavan kindly gestured to me that I should sit. I sat down for an hour and was unconscious of my body. I had an urge to stay on there and asked Chinnaswami (the Ashrama manager) for permission. He said, "You are young. What can you do? Go back home." But I did not leave. I said, "Please give me any work. Bhagavan will give me the strength." As I would not leave, Chinnaswami relented and finally asked me to remove the weeds from the flower garden. With much enthusiasm I did the work of two people. Bhagavan also praised my work.

I would daily attend to the work given to me and when free would sit in meditation. That was my only routine. One day I asked Bhagavan, "Swami, what is the way to salvation?"

"The way you came," was his simple reply.

The moment I heard him say this my mind froze.

Rangaswamy, Ramana Jyothi Journal"


tracing the root of thought brings us to the Supreme Soul.



The way to salvation is the way we came...tracing our thoughts back.

The way to Arunachala...

No comments:

Post a Comment