Friday, September 25, 2009

Arunachala Goddess Darshans

Arunachala Hill is the Absolute. It is also the power of the Absolute. In this Hill Shakthi remains in forever absorption with Shiva.

As the Great festival of Dussehra approaches I am highlighting ten darshans of Arunachala as the Goddess.

These darshans are pure inspirations and are not detailed elsewhere.

Goddess Tripura Sundari (the radiant light in the eyes of Shiva)


Goddess Sahasrakshi (lit., "she who has a thousand [infinite] eyes")

Durga Shailputri (Daughter of Mountain)

Brahmacharini

Chandraghanta

Skanda Mata

Katyayani

Siddhidatri


Maha Gauri


Maha Lakshmi


Goddess Parvathi

Vanavasini ( Goddess in the forest)

Goddess Simhavahini
MAHA DURGA




O Glorious Mother with Flowing locks and bright eyes, with the sun and the moon as ear rings and the Earth as a Nose ring, with a smile that thrills the billions of universes, O Goddess Arunachala to you I bow and to you is my love.

P.S. Images have been sourced from the World Wide Web

More Goddess Darshans to follwo...culminating in the Mother of all Darshans of Arunachala.

2 comments:

  1. If I look hard enough at the mountain, I can see what you mean. I can see Ganesh and Hanuman. But, so what? What will these darshans do for me? How long am I supposed to stare at them?

    Would you know or can you direct me to some resources that would explain this to me? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    The darshans outlined carry the spiritual potency that one gets when one sees the deity being indicated.

    You must understand my intent to show that Arunachala is the Universal Canvas...the Eternal Absolute.

    All relative darshans arise from it and end in it. So it shows what you want to see. If you chose to approach it with a thoughtless mind, it manifests itself in its absolute form which is beyond description.

    you can check www.agasthiar.org where some darshans are discussed in detail.

    The majority of the darshans in this blog however are not inspired but are original darshans of my perception of the Universal Canvas.

    ReplyDelete