Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Arunachala Dream

I had a dream about Arunachala just before I saw it for the first time last year.

It was a surreal dream.

Here is a mail that I had sent to one of my friends about my longing for Arunachala.

"hi xx,

i believe strongly that a person who has seen the hill from close
quarters and has the grace to do girivalam is a highly evolved being
in the cosmic sphere.

This hill has no religion, no caste, no creed.

It is just a magnetic hill which attracts souls, effaces their karma
and perfuses them with divinity. The supreme divine knowledge that
cannot be got even by a crore of births is made attainable by the
gracious glance of the hill.

i long for the day when my eyes will set my eyes on this magnificent
mountain of light. I have never seen it but it has occupied my
conciousness for the past few months now and decorates my desktop, my
cellphone screensaver. i have not asked anything from the hill. my
devotion to it is mysterious. it just came and captured my mind when i
first glanced at its photo in a book.

i have dreamt of it, i have smelled the flowers which grow on its
slopes, i have felt the dampness of mysterious streams which punctuate
its myriad caves, i have rolled on its dust filled mountain paths and
have stood on its peak one with the cosmos.

after the dream i have never been the same.

panting and waiting for the time i will lay my eyes on the mounatin of
light.

love"


No comments:

Post a Comment